Powered by Blogger.

my everyday jewellery collection

I've upgraded from the costume jewellery I wore at 14. Goodbye green fingers.


It's taken me a while to work out what jewellery I like, what jewellery is practical for me to wear every day, and find out what jewellery I'm comfortable with. It's 90% silver. 

Watch. I gifted myself this Daniel Wellington watch at the end of my FdA and have worn it *almost* every day since! I believe I went for the Classic Petite Silver Bristol (here) leather strap and I, also, got the Bath fabric strap (although I cannot find it online, I would definitely consider the Cornwall strap (here) now) - but I've never used this strap. Since getting this watch I've not been able to go a day without wearing a watch. If I'm not wearing my DW watch, I wear a Sekonda watch that Andrew got me for Christmas - similar here

Alternative watch that I wear for work. Super cheap and from Argos. Here.
Bangle. I saw that Daniel Wellington released this bangle, but didn't want a bracelet that said 'daniel wellington'. So for my 21st, my mum and I went into Exeter and went into all the jewellers until we found one that I liked and fitted with my watch (here). It wasn't the cheapest. However, it's doing really well after a year of almost daily wear. 

Necklace. I realise how fortunate I am to have this necklace. And it was a 16th birthday present and I have no intention of ever owning anything from Tiffany again. *BUT* I wear it every day, sleep with it on, shower with it on, I can't remember the last time I took it off - maybe four years ago?

Hoop Earrings. A 21st birthday present from my Mum (here). I only started wearing earrings again 'full-time' a couple of years ago, so I try and buy silver or gold - so my ears don't turn green. I adore these hoops, the clasps are super easy, they minimal, and they're really comfy to sleep in. 10 out of 10, would buy again. Might buy again. 

Earrings. I pretty much always wear a hoop earring and some variety of stud. Normally a hoop in my first lobe piercing, and the stud in my second lobe piercing. These are some various ones that I own and rotate between here, here, here, and here. Really rate ASOS and Claire's for silver earrings - because I wear them every day I don't want to spend *loads* of money on silver earrings that eventually will get bent. I, also, wear some blue topaz studs a lot - no idea where they're from, I got them for Christmas over 10 years ago, but these are ~similar~.

Bracelet. I'm 22 and my bf & I have friendship bracelets (here). These are cute and fairly cheap from Next.

Rings. The band with polka dots is from an independent maker, who I cannot remember the name of. The feather ring is from Country Chic in Launceston - again, I don't know the actual brand. And the circle ring is from ASOS (here). 

My requirements from jewellery are for it to be silver (or white gold), minimal, classic, and comfortable. 

For work, I wear my necklace, earrings, and my cheap Argos watch. 

I don't own much costume jewellery anymore. I'm trying to buy less often, but of a higher quality. Which does mean I have to wait until a birthday or Christmas and have some financial support from family to buy a bracelet that fits the style I'm after. I, also, like wearing jewellery that has a memory/person attached to it, all of my jewellery was for an achievement, birthday, or from a loved one. 



No comments