Powered by Blogger.

MAGAZINE HAUL

When you miss your bus, buy magazines?




Magazines are my weakness. 
And when you're annoyed about missing your bus, and end up with an hour to waste, you buy more magazines? All but one of these magazines, I've never bought before. 



"SUITCASE magazine exists to change the way you travel. Forget underwhelming tourists cliches, and embrace the adventurous appetite of the next generation."
SUITCASE retails at £6.99 (I bought my copy from WHSmith) and they're currently selling Issue22. Issue 22, that I bought, is about Bangkok, Detroit, Johannesburg, Shanghai, Taipei, and Tel Aviv. 



02. frankie magazine.
"frankie magazine is a national bi-monthly based in Australia, aimed at women (and men) looking for a magazine that's as smart, funny, sarcastic, friendly, cute, rude, arty, curious and caring as they are. We cover design, art, photography, fashion, travel, music, craft, interiors and real-life stories - we aim to surprise and delight readers with every turn of our beautifully matte pages, and have a good old laugh while doing so."
I've bought frankie several times before, but I decided to drop it from my regular buys when it wasn't as easily available to me. I would say it's more teen orientated, but that might because I discovered it back in college. Sold at £7.99.




03. Oh Comely.
"oh comely is a curious, honest and playful independent magazine. It's a place to meet strangers, hear their stories and look at life a little differently - where our readers are our writers and our models, too."
Oh Comely, is a classic to me. I've got a subscription with the magazine and adore seeing their covers come through my letterbox. Comparable to frankie magazine, but, essentially, the British equivalent (side note: I'm starting to feel shame about the idea of something British, and have a struggle with calling myself British or English now - I get negative connotations from it?). Sold at £6.00, but slightly cheaper on subscription.



04. Project Calm Magazine.
"A brand new magazine bringing mindfulness into the craft room...
When our hands need a break form fervid crafting we like to relax with a cup of tea and a good read, so we are delighted to introduce our new sister magazine which merges both craft and thought-provoking articles: meet Project Calm. This new magazine is packed with contemporary crafts including calligraphy, paper cutting and origami-style paper folding, as well as creative ideas with herbs, maps, stamps, and beach finds - it's 'Mindfulness Through Making'."
Project Calm is a magazine that I had seen floating around a few magazine stores for a while. I didn't realise it was a sister company to Mollie Makes; which is a magazine that I have picked up time and time again. From what I can tell Project Calm is a craft alternative to other mindfulness magazines. A little pricier then other magazines, at £9.99, however a lot of components are included to make many of the projects inside. 



"Breathe magazine is the original mindfulness mag for a calmer and more relaxed you. This body-and-soul guide to a happier, healthier life. Includes 5 sections - wellbeing, living, mindfulness, creativity and escape. The aim of Breathe magazine is to help you "make more time for yourself". Each issue includes beautiful illustrations, craft projects, and inspiring features such as how to achieve relief from stress, increase resilience and find greater happiness."
Again, another magazine I had seen floating around for a little while. Mindfulness and mental health is coming more and more into the front of the public eye, and I don't think there is any harm in a magazine to work towards mental health. 

What are your favourite magazines?





No comments