Powered by Blogger.

Mid-Week Slump

I'm writing this post as a form of procrastination.


As I'm writing this, it's Tuesday evening (7.04pm to be precise) and I've spent all day finishing off part of my hand in for Thursday. I've had my afternoon slump, and now is my post-dinner slump where I'm too full of food to concentrate on my work. Realistically this project could be completely finished and handed in tonight, alas! procrastination. 

Anyway, here are some thoughts running around through my head right now...

Firstly, I cannot quite believe that after this project I have ONE more hand in and I'm finished with university. Two degrees and I'm done. How have those years just disappeared? 

Secondly, my birthday was yesterday (Monday, to you) and I feel like I should make some goals of something for the next year. I didn't get swept up into the new year resolutions - dissertation deadline - I think after this deadline it might be good to set myself goals and get myself back on track again.

Thirdly, from all the typing I've done today; I am whizzing through this blog post. Typing so fast, it's crazy. You can't tell but my frazzled brain wants you to know.

Fourthly, and finally, I want to really focus on my reading again. I keep saying it, but I'm yet to finish a book in 2018. I set myself the goal of reading 30 books this year and I'm SO behind. I've started many books, but I've stopped reading for fun and remembering to read when I've got time off. 

So, here we're; procrastination session is over. This blog post is mostly written, minus when I reread it tomorrow and realise none of it makes sense. 

If you fancy it, leave me a book recommendation below. A book that you would read after an EIGHT MONTH reading slump!

2 comments

  1. I find it so hard to read for 'fun' when I'm in the midst of uni, even though I should be reading for my course. And then when I do have time to read in the evenings, I'm too tired so just watch YouTube!
    Books I've loved recently: Call me by your name, Simon vs the homo sapiens agenda and girl up!
    I hope you get out of your reading slump soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the exact same; after a long day reading is the last thing that i want to do! Thanks for the books! Going to add them to my tbr - I went and saw Love, Simon in the cinema the other day! xx

      Delete