Powered by Blogger.

No-Spend November - Week One


Week One, Day One:
I survived the first day. 
I was shocked by how often I thought about buying something or popping into a shop. I wrote a little list of times, I thought about spending money and managed not to:
  • Halloween Films: I watched Megan Rhiannon's Youtube Video (here) and was listening to her film recommendations. The ones I thought about buying were Hocus Pocus and the Halloween Town collection.
  • Wooly Jumper: I saw someone post a photo of a mustard, cozy knit on Instagram. I stopped myself before looking at one!
  • Reduced Halloween Decorations: I was going to go to Poundland to see if they had any decorations reduced. I don't even need them for another year.
  • Belinda's Cafe (here): An ex-coworker opened her own cafe today, but (thankfully) I left my purse at home and reminded myself that it would still be open after my No-Spending ban.
  • Dog Halloween Costumes. This is almost a daily occurrence for me.
The money that I did spend: I paid my Roadtax (thrilling), and I spent 54p (from my tips money)(tips money doesn't count) to buy a donut after work. That's all. I'm pretty proud of that. 

Week One, Day Two:
Today was a lot easier. I had a home day, concentrating on my dissertation. I left the house to take the dog to the park, feed the ponies, and pop along to Tesco with Mum. In the next couple of days, I'm going to have to put some fuel in my car though!

Week One, Day Three:
Again, an easy day. Home days mean I don't go out and see anything I might consider buying. And constantly worrying about my dissertation, means I'm too busy to think of anything to buy.

Week One, Day Four:
Ah, I got caught out. We ran out of milk and orange juice, which I apparently can't go without on a Saturday morning.

Week One, Day Five:
Sunday. Rent day.

Overall, week one was easier then I expected. I have a feeling that this could be an anti-climatic challenge if it carries on this easily.

- KayleighBickle

No comments