Powered by Blogger.

21, Female, UK, Member of the National Trust

At 21, I'm a member of the National Trust.


I joined the National Trust to help towards a photography project over the next few months. And I cannot express how much joy the whole thing has brought to me. 

It's forcing me to drive the car and go places, Lanhydrock is only 30 mins away from Home, but it was a place I have never had to drive myself to before. 

Keira is getting new walks and places to run around (bringing Keira does mean we can't go into the houses, but that's not my most significant interest - I'm there for the gardens/estates.) I love seeing how excited about new walks and watching her run around like crazy sniffing all the new scents, meeting new dogs, and then she's so sleepy in the evenings and just wants cuddles.

Finally, it's great for your mental health. There was something so lovely about leaving the house at 10am, on a Monday, to walking around a country estate in the sunshine. 

Unfortunately, the gardens don't open again until 10th February - however, you're allowed to walk around the general estate for free. Side note: you do have to pay for parking at Lanhydrock (£2.00 for one hour, £4.00 for all day) BUT, it's free if you're a member of the National Trust!






2 comments

  1. I keep debating whether to buy a national trust membership but never feel like I can justify the money (especially when I can't really get to many places). I have considered buying it for my parents though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how cheap it was. I remember my parents getting a family pass and moaning about the price. But I thought £30-something for a year wasn't too bad, and it's forced me to find places to go and make the effort. (although you can get into the garden for free in a lot of places - if you don't want to join ;)) xx

      Delete