Powered by Blogger.

Cruelty Free Beauty

I had always presumed that all products/brands sold in the UK were cruelty-free. However, that just isn't the case. 


Because, although UK law states that products sold in the UK cannot be tested on animals - many brands sell in China where it's illegal to sell products that are NOT tested on animals. Also, a brand might be owned by a 'mother-company' who test on animals in other countries - looking at you The Body Shop who up until recently was owned by L'Oreal who sell in China.

Almost a year ago, I decided to go exclusively cruelty-free with my makeup/skincare/haircare/etc. I am still using a few products that are sold by brands who test on animals - slowly replacing them though!

I thought I would make a collection of cruelty-free brands and products that I have discovered over the past year.

(All of the products I use are cheap and available in popular shops).

Brands: (I haven't used all of these brands myself, but over the past year when I find a cruelty-free brand I've been adding them to a list on my phone)
BarryM - VEGAN
Gosh
Too Faced
Collection 2000
ELF
Sleek
B.Makeup 
Freedom Makeup
Makeup Revolution 
Models Own
MUA
Tanya Burr Cosmetics 
LUSH - VEGAN (except products containing beeswax) 
Superdrug Own brand - VEGAN
Topshop Make-up
Collab Dry Shampoo
Simple Skin Care
Real Techniques 
Essence 
TreacleMoon
Soaper Duper 
Soap and Glory
Pai 
Bull Dog
B Pure Superdrug Brand
Rituals
Smash box 
Marc Jacobs
NYX
Milani 
Zoeva 
Lottie London
No7
Eyeko 
Lidl - own brand
Tesco - own brand

Please let me know of any more brands, and I'll add them to my list!

Superdrug is my go-to for cruelty-free products. For toothpaste/mouthwash, it made the hunt really easy, and the products all work. I use their hair oils, shampoo, conditioners, coconut oil, hair masks, face masks, skincare.




- Kayleigh Bickle

No comments