Powered by Blogger.

GLOSSIER HAUL

I know, I'm basic. Leave me be. 




So it was my birthday and I decided birthdays are the perfect excuse to buy a £10 lip balm (BUT I HAD 20% discount on my order, so it made it a LOT more reasonable!). And the lip balm was called 'Birthday Cake'. It was meant to be.

I asked on Instagram stories (follow me here!) if anyone had any recommendations and I had some positive feedback about the brand and a few other products. In the end, this is what I went for...


The Balm Dot Com in Birthday Cake: Lip balm is something that I cannot live without. I bloody love the stuff. Really, for my first time trying Glossier, I should've gone for the basic one. But it was my birthday and I got a little carried away. It smells delightful, really vanilla-ery, reminds me of the vanilla share birthday cake from Tesco that always appears at children's parties. A thick consistency, although not shiny on the lips. The Birthday Cake one has a very fine amount of shimmer/glitter in it, but I don't think it's noticeable to others, just something you'll notice up close. 




Stretch Concealer in Light - Originally I thought this concealer was too dark for me. But it adapts to your skin colour. I use it with a beauty sponge and apply. You layer it up, or just put a light layer on. You can still see your freckles and general marks, but it covers up any light discolouration. 


Generation G lipstick in Crush - I'm a sucker for a sheer raspberry toned lipstick, I'm constantly choosing them. It's a nice one though, easy to apply, simple, nice colour, wears off to a light stain. Next time, I would consider Cake. Because I own a few berry colours now, and I need to mix things up a little. 


Boy Brow in Brown - I don't tend to use brow gels. I just run some powder through, to fill them a little, and go off on my way. However, I've been using this by itself for a more natural brow, but it does make a big difference to wearing nothing at all. 

Glossier is all about natural and minimal make-up, which coming into Spring/Summer is exactly what I want. Eventually, I will stop using any foundation/concealer in the summertime, but I think the Stretch Concealer might be good for a tiny amount of coverage and evening out any pigmentation. I decided that skin care wasn't something I would be interested in from Glossier, although I had done an order from The Body Shop of skincare. So I focused on the makeup and the products I'm likely to use. 

If I was to order again I would get: more of the balm dot com & generation g lipsticks!


No comments