Powered by Blogger.

light & shade

why throw shade when you can shed light?


The lovely Kinga and Maciej invited me to their Still Life workshop, aptly named: Light & Shade. I didn't know what to expect from their workshop, but I had a feeling that it would be a well-spent evening. 

I travelled into Plymouth, into an area of Plymouth I never visit. (University life kept me firmly in the centre of Plymouth.) Got lost a couple of times with the one systems. But I made it, only 20 minutes late. 

It was a small and intimate workshop, in the Fotonow CIC studio space at Ocean Studios (perhaps the dream studio location?). After introducing ourselves, we set to work creating still lifes and using the props provided by Kinga and Maciej. The light was beautiful coming through the large windows. 

If you've been following my photographic work, I'm primarily a still life photographer. And I love it. However, I work almost exclusively from my corner of the studio. Going somewhere different had such an effect on me, that I changed the way I edit - where are all these blue tones coming from?

Unfortunately, Ocean Studios isn't the most practical and quickest place for me to get to, but the location was so perfect and wonderful to work in.






Have you ever visited Ocean Studios? Or Royal William Yard? It was a whole new area of Plymouth for me, and perhaps my favourite area now. 

xx

No comments