Powered by Blogger.

Where am I now?

The biggest thing 'adult life' has taught me, is not to jump the gun. Because nothing is quite as you might imagine it to be. Your mind will run wild with an idea, but you have to try to keep it contained and find out exactly what's going to happen first.

I graduated university in 2018. I was in a long-term relationship. I worked part-time in a bakery. I begrudged that I still lived at home with my family. I was still overcoming the sexual assault and working out how that had mentally changed me. I wasn't fully sure how I was going to use my degree. And I didn't really know what I wanted.

Now, it is 2020, I work full-time in a Farm Shop & Kitchen working in Social Media & Front of House. I still live at home. I'm still a sexual assault victim. I *think* I know what I want to use my degree for. But, honestly, I still don't know what I want to do. Oh, and I'm very single & completely off dating apps... for now. 


I do know, that I'm pleased by the simplicity of life now. And adore just being in the fresh air with Keira & going to a quiet coffee shop to read my book in peace. I have to take hold of creativity when she hits, otherwise I'll regret it and won't feel that buzz for weeks. I know winter is my most difficult time, and I lack motivation and desire for life. My favourite way to spend time with friends is over good food. I don't like giving up my time for others. But if I do give you my time, you better feel lucky. 

Dating Apps are a strange place, I'm currently not on any. But I've done the obvious choices Tinder, Bumble, a very brief flirt with Hinge. I'm not saying I won't go back on one, but they really lack any meaning or connection. Although I do know whenever I think I'm getting into the swing of dating, life will throw a curve-ball at me and make me want to crawl back into my cosy pile of blankets again.  (lol, on edit I've just redownloaded Tinder as a giggle with my friend)

Full-time work, is something I always knew I would have to struggle with. I know everyone has to work. And I don't know what I would do with those extra 40 hours a week; if I wasn't working on something. But hospitiality and customer service is a b*tch to work in. And I can only hope the day I hand in my resignation, to leave hospitality forever, is sooner rather than later. 

I've discovered that if I don't put my washing away the day I wash and dry it, it will remain in the basket until I have to do my washing again the next week. It's a weekly battle. 




No comments