Powered by Blogger.

Hello 2018 & my goals


Dissertation: Complete.

I've wanted to write blog posts for ages, but I knew I would get sucked in and wouldn't concentrate on my dissertation. But my dissertation is done. Good-bye, farewell, hope to never see that again.

To get back into the swing of blogging (hate it when people say 'swing of blogging'), I thought I would share my 2018 goals. 

I love setting goals. And am always sucked into creating a few for 2018. They tend to be vague, and not so much about a physical goal. But here are my 2018 goals...

1) Take more photos. Since choosing to study photography, I've fallen out of love with photography. I'm considering downgrading from a DSLR to something more compact in the future. 

2) Forgive & Forget. I'm the worst at holding onto things that happened in the past and know this is bringing me down from growing in the future. This year, I need to remember that things happen for a reason, and life keeps moving. 

3) Friendship. I'm awful at saying I'm going to message someone, 6 months pass by, and I've still not messaged them. I think about my good friends daily, but I'm so weak at keeping up with friendships. A note to my friends, if I've said we should meet up, or to come round a meet Keira, send me a message to get my ass into gear!

4) Make memories. Every month I want to do something a little out of my comfort zone, that I know 'normal' people would do to create memories. Going to gigs, taking trips, etc.

5) Trust myself

6) Learn Lightroom. Everyone raves on about how much I'll enjoy using Lightroom, but I never sit down and take the time to learn my way about it. This year, I will!

7) Read more. I say this every year. My goal is to read 30 books this year - excluding academic reading.

8) Monthly challenges. Whether that be doing yoga every day for a month. Doing a photo challenge. Something that causes me to engage with something, every day for a month.

9) Tattoo/Piercing. I keep saying I'm going to get another tattoo or piercing, and just let life get in the way. I think about it daily but never book the bloody appointments.

10) Work on my arms & self-love. A couple of summers ago, I worked on like my legs. Being confident enough to wear skirts and shorts, this didn't involve working out or anything, just accepting them. I want to do the same for my arms this year, I hate them. They flab around, are a horrible shape, and I would much rather keep them hidden. But I don't want to be buying clothes based on how my arms look this year.

11) Throw kindness around like confetti. I used to scoff at this phrase. But, honestly, it's something I want to do more. 

What are your goals for 2018? Or do you find it easier setting seasonal goals?

- KayleighBickle

No comments