Powered by Blogger.

No-Spend November Round-Up

Remember how I went on about documenting my 'No-Spend November' and then got really busy with uni? 

Well, I'm finally writing my roundup on the whole thing.


Overall, I'm happy to have taken part in No-Spend November. I made sure everyone knew so that people could hold me accountable. I genuinely believe that if I hadn't of been more conscious of my spending, I would've struggled to pay rent, etc., after paying for my car insurance in full. 

I did struggle in the first few days, I didn't realise how often I go to shops websites, or just quickly pop into my local Tesco to buy food when I'm too lazy to cook lunch. However, once I got into the habit of thinking about no-spending and remembering the boundaries I set out for myself - it became straightforward. A new top doesn't come under bills, uni, or car expenses - don't buy it then. 
I did worry about putting fuel in my car because I still wanted to drive frequently after passing my test - but I didn't want to be spending vast amounts of money on fuel. At the start of the month, I filled my car up and was able to make that last the whole month to take me to and fro from work. One day I didn't have any food for a packed lunch, and I had to leave before 7am, so I did end up buying one meal out of my No-Spending. I kept it cheap and made sure not to continue spending money afterward. Another way I got around buying myself the odd treat, was using tip money, from work, to by myself a donut or something after my shift. However, if I didn't make enough money in tips, I wasn't allowed a 'treat.' 

I did want to keep track of my spending/savings/income/outcome/etc., but I found it really difficult to remember and then a few days would pass and I would've forgotten how much I spent on something. If I were to do a No-Spend month again, I would work harder on finding a way to track my income and outcome. Also, along with the same lines, I would set myself a goal of how much money I can spend, and how much money I want to save. 

I am considering doing another No-Spending month soon, I'm thinking February. Logically, it should be an easy month for me to save money in. 

Have you ever considered setting yourself a spending ban? Or have you gone through with one? Let me know how you got on in the comments below.

- Kayleigh Bickle

No comments