Powered by Blogger.

Embroidery #1

Let's take a break from all of the book talk, shall we?

To confirm how I'm an 80-year-old in a 21-year-old body, I'm doing a post about embroidery!

Recently I had to patch up a couple of holes in a pair of jeans. I then got a little carried away and proceeded to create a step hem around the ankle. While on a roll, I thought it would be a great idea to do a little bit of free hand embroidery. Which, if I say so myself, looks wonderful!

Next is the pressure of what to embroid onto your garments. I wanted to do something clever, passive aggressive, and funny (to me, I have an awful sense of humour). I wanted a short word, something easy to write in cursive, and that wouldn't take me hours.

'Hi' and 'Bye'. On my bum. Hopefully, this will allow me to continue living a lonely and peaceful life.  


I've recently come into the possession of a denim jacket, so I'm thinking I might do a post on customising a denim jacket with the use of patches, pins and freehand embroidery! 

- K.B

No comments