Powered by Blogger.

The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins


Start Date: 11-June-17
End Date: 11-June-17

Synopsis: Every day the same. Until Today. Rachel catches the same commuter train every morning. She knows it will wait at the same signal each time, overlooking a row of back gardens. She's even started to feel like she knows the people who line in one of the houses. Their life - as she sees it - is perfect. If only Rachel could be that happy. And then she sees something shocking, and in one moment everything changes. Now Rachel has a chance to become part of their lives she's only watched from afar. Now they'll see: she's much more than just the girl on the train...

Goodreads Rating: 5/5 Stars

Review: After holding onto this book for over a year, I've finally read it!
I knew very little about, except what it said on the back cover and seeing the smallest glimpse of a trailer for the film. I just knew there was a girl, who rode the train every day and made up lives for the people she could see from her train route.
I read this book in a day. I wanted to like it. But when I got to the last part and worked everything out, I loved it! It's one of those stories where you get a load of random information and then suddenly the whole story makes sense. Brilliant. The part that normally lets me down, in other novels, is the ending. But this one felt right, it ended and I didn't feel the need to know anything else about the characters or what happened in the book. I heard about this book around the same time as Gone Girl. I really enjoyed Gone Girl, but the ending let me down, so I was worried that The Girl On The Train would do the same.

Buy the book here.
Find me on Goodreads here.
- K.B

No comments