Powered by Blogger.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Start Date: 27 May 2017
End Date: 29 May 2017

Synopsis: "Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. But Katniss has been close to death before-and survival, for her, is second nature. The Hunger Games is a searing novel set in a future with unsettling parallels to our present. Welcome to the deadliest reality TV show ever..."

Goodreads Rating: 4/5 Stars

Review: 
I wasn't looking forward to reading this book, I didn't love the films and had never been that interested in The Hunger Games. However, I loved this book! The first part, was OK. It took a little for me to really get into the story, I knew what was going to happen and didn't find much differed from the film. But once I got into the second third of the book, I was attached. I could've easily read it in a day, but sleep was essential. 
I would recommend reading the book over the film. And I am definitely interested in sourcing the rest of the series and continuing on with The Hunger Games. 
Buy the book here.

- K.B

No comments