Powered by Blogger.

books to films

Going through my personal library, there are a lot of books that have been adapted into films. I thought I would create a collection of books that have been made into films, that I have both read and watched. 


Harry Potter - J.K.Rowling

It shocks me when people say they haven't read/watched Harry Potter. It should be compulsory reading, in my humble opinion. I love the world of Harry Potter and cannot recommend them enough. If you've already read the books, I also recommend listening to the audiobooks spoken by Stephen Fry! 


Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella

I'm a big fan of Kinsella's works, all of the books have a similar plot but they're so easy and enjoyable to read. Her Shopaholic series was no exception. Although only the one book got made into a film, and I have to say it is not my favourite film adaptation. It is still good though. It follows the life of Becky Bloomwood from confronting her spending 'problems', marriage, moving abroad, having a child, etc, etc. This book was previously published as The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic.


The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins 

I loved reading these books. I did watch the films before reading the books, so I vaguely knew what was going to happen and the basic order of events. Though I've only watched each film once and have never been in a rush to watch them. Nonetheless, I thought the books were brilliant. Read my review here.


Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck 

Firstly, if you haven't read this book already... what are you waiting for? I'm sure 80% of people read this for their GCSEs though. As much as I enjoyed the book & the film, I don't want to watch/read it again. I have the same opinion on The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, I loved it but it was too powerful for me to reread/watch again in a hurry. 


The Fault in our Stars - John Green

I only recently read this book, review here. Again, I watched the film before reading the book. I had expected the book to be anti-climatic and poorly written because it had been so popular. Which sounds awful. I liked the film, though I've only watched it once. But I really liked the film, easy to read and keep up with. I really liked how I knew many of the locations in Amsterdam, making the whole book easier to follow along and imagine. 


Divergent - Veronica Roth

I have only read the first book and watched the first two films. I found the book to be gripping and kept me hooked throughout. The first film, I got bored near the end. I've watched, the first film, several times and I just can't stick with it. I've only seen the second film (Insurgent) once and I have no memory of what happens properly. 


P.S. I love you - Cecelia Ahern

I feel like every girl has seen this film. It's a sweet film; all teary eyes and such. I didn't love the book, I rate it the same as the film. I watched the film several times before reading the book and I cannot complain about either.


The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky 

I'm not enjoying this book. I'm half way and I just can't go on. I'm finding it boring. I didn't really like the film, I'm not sure what everyone raves on about. Not for me.  No thank-you. 

- K.B

No comments