Powered by Blogger.

MY SUMMER GOALS

My first summer as a fully fledged "adult"...


01. Create a work-life balance. I'm awful at getting home from work and doing nothing with the rest of my day. This cannot continue for the rest of my working life. Especially because I finish work at 2.30pm at the moment, I have hours of time being wasted on the sofa.

02. Shoot. Charge my camera and just take photographs. Taking it on dog walks (side note: have you seen the first post in my new series Walks with my Dog?). Also, I want to start a new project with flowers.

03. Find a new job. My job was just meant to cover me through uni, I want to change into a more 'adult' and responsible job now. Or just work more hours and get more money to fund my life.

04. A shiny new website/rebrand for Kayleigh Bickle Photography. It's coming. But it takes time and planning. 

05. Using my days off work, to do more than catch up on washing and tidying the house. Days out. The first on my list is The Lost Gardens of Heligan.

06. Create a stockpile of 'stock' images for the blog. For posts, like this one you're reading, where I don't need anything specific, but want to add colour and something more to the images.

07. Save some money. I spent all my savings in the later part of my degree (degree shows and traveling cost a lot of £££), and it makes me nervous living without the safety net of savings in my life. 

08. Create more meaningful content for the blog. Sometimes I find I write posts that are very basic level, and they don't fill me with heaps of joy, so why would they please a reader. I prefer posts about days out, recommendations, conversational, etc. 

09. Instagram. About a year ago, I stopped using my personal Instagram for 'likes'. And I've never looked back. I'm so happy having less than 100 likes a photo because I like how my feed looks. BUT, I haven't done a big purge of who I'm following for a while. I feel settled with my personal account, but now I want to work on my photography account (talking about a more consistent upload, instead of once every few weeks.) and Keira's account (the images aren't the best quality, and there is a lot more potential with the account). 

10. Be more active. I've got laaazzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy. I used to walk Keira every morning AND evening for a couple of hours. But I've really cut back to giving her one OK walk and a few longer walks. Which is fine for the average dog. But Keira thrives off long walks and being active. Also, I can feel in my body that I'm not as active as I used to be. The aim is to walk Keira in the morning (tying into my work-life balance) and again in the evening - minimum. If possible, walk/adventure outside of our local area would be great too. But, baby steps. 
 

What are your goals for this summer? 

No comments