Powered by Blogger.

Lydford, Dartmoor | Walks with my Dog

*insert drumroll here* 
I've decided to start a new series on my blog!


If you hadn't noticed, I have a dog. I know shocking. I don't talk about her every minute of the day and show photographs of her birthday party to random people on the street...

But she's a huge part of my life, and the second best thing about having a dog (first is constant cuddles and love) is taking them for walks in beautiful places! Admittedly, she would happily walk around my local area. But I'm convinced adventures make both of us happier. 

Anyway, long story not so short, I'm going to put a series of places we walk together! Mainly they'll be in Cornwall & Devon. Because that's where we live. 

The first walk in this series was up on Dartmoor, in one of our favourite walking locations: Lydford, Devon (specifically Jubilee Cross along the Lyd River). You have space to chase a ball, a river to paddle in (various depths, so be careful. Keira has disappeared under the water a few times.), rocks to climb over, and lots of places to sit and rest. In our opinion, it has all the factors you need for a good walk. You can, if you wish, walk up the to cross and see the views over Dartmoor - but we didn't this day. 

It's a walk I've been doing my whole life and has deep connections with my family. My Great-Great Grandfather helped build the cross at the top of the tor, and my Grandfathers family lived in and around Lydford until his brother & sisters move into North Cornwall. 





All of these photographs were taken on my Sony AX1. And edited in VSCO cam. 

xx

No comments